Metal seal types have unique properties and specifying the right product for your application is important. We work with our customers to ensure that the most appropriate seal is selected and designed in terms of performance, cost and lead time.
Benefits of Metal Seals:
- Able to be used in static applications where temperatures and pressures are outside the limits of a polymer/elastomeric seal
- Product type and section can be selected and optimised to accommodate customer’s load and springback requirements
- Able to cope with large thermal movement of hardware and hardware dimensional variations
- Can be adapted to suit multiple hardware arrangements
- Coatings can be applied to provide high temperature protection, wear resistance and improved sealing where hardware surface imperfections are present
- Able to cope with corrosive media and radiation
- No issues related to explosive decompression
- Long shelf life
Nicholsons offer a range of core product types that are available in standard configurations including:
- Corruseal Gaskets
- Boss Seals
- Sigma Seals
- Multi Bellow Seals (W-Seal/M-Seal)
Our catalogue includes Nicholsons core product groups, however, it does not cover the full range of sealing options that we have available. Each product type can be adapted to meet non-standard applications and product types not listed in this catalogue can also be specified and manufactured including machined seals, formed seals, bellows and presswork.
If you need help specifying a suitable part for your application, please contact our Design Engineers who will be able to assist you with your sealing requirements.