- Job title:
- Production Team Leader
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- Competitive plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
WORKING AT NICHOLSONS
We are seeking a highly motivated Production Team Leader to join our team to support the next phase of developing and delivering the services required to meet growing operational demand and complexity at our UK site.
The company has seen significant growth and development and has ambitious plans to continue this both nationally and internationally. This role will be integral to the next exciting phase. As a key member of the team tasked with influencing Production excellence at all levels, the expectations of the Production Team Leader role are considerable, matched only by the opportunity to develop and grow. Recognising the needs of multiple stakeholders, reflecting these in an agile, sophisticated Production function and supporting an aligned, high performing team will be key outcomes of the Production Team Leader role.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Production Team Leader your duties will include:
- Management, development and mentoring of your team
- Planning and leading product/ process delivery
- Ensuring quality and HSE compliance, accurate data capture and analysis
- Ensuring operations are consistently delivered within target times and costs
- Ensuring capacity and coverage meet demand volatility within standard hours
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To be a successful Production Team Leader, you will ideally have:
- Proven experience in building, motivating and leading teams and supporting their development
- Proven ability to deliver and develop on production schedule achievement, quality performance, process improvement and standardisation
- Knowledge of the latest manufacturing technology, tools and process best practice
- Knowledge and application of planning and organising, problem solving and decision making
- The ability to read, interpret, communicate and generate engineering and process documents
To be considered for the role you should:
- Be a team player with a collaborative approach
- Be able to build and maintain effective relationships
- Have strong literacy, numeracy, document and time management experience
- Ideally have a management, engineering or process improvement qualification
- Ideally have experience of working in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
The successful candidate will benefit from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.