- Job title:
- Production Team Leader (Electro-Plating & Heat Treatment)
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- Competitive plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
Nicholsons are global specialist in the design and manufacture of resilient metal seals, gaskets and ancillary components. We are seeking a highly motivated Production Team Leader to join our team to support the next phase of developing and delivering the services required to meet growing operational demand and complexity at our UK site. We are a rapidly growing multi-national business with operations in the UK, US and Europe.
The company has seen growth and development and has ambitious plans to continue this both nationally and internationally. This role will be integral to the next exciting phase. As a key member of the team tasked with influencing Production excellence at all levels, the expectations of the Production Team Leader role are considerable, matched only by the opportunity to develop and grow. Recognising the needs of multiple stakeholders, reflecting these in an agile, sophisticated Production function and supporting an aligned, high performing team will be key outcomes of the role.
As the Production Team Leader your duties will include:
- People management, development and mentoring
- Planning and leading product/ process delivery
- Ensuring quality and HSE compliance, accurate data capture and analysis
- Ensuring operations are consistently delivered within target times and costs
- Ensuring capacity and coverage meet demand volatility within standard hours
- Driving and supporting continuous improvement activities by keeping up to date with the latest technology developments and industry best practice.
To be a successful Production Team Leader, you will ideally have:
- Proven experience in building, motivating and leading teams and supporting their development
- Proven ability to deliver and develop on production schedule achievement, quality performance, process improvement and standardisation
- Knowledge and experience of the latest manufacturing technology, tools and process best practice in relation to electro-plating and / or vacuum furnace heat treatment
- Knowledge and application of planning and organising, problem solving and decision making
- The ability to read, interpret, communicate and generate engineering and process documents
To be considered for the role you should:
- Have a collaborative approach
- Be able to build and maintain effective relationships
- Have strong literacy, numeracy, documentation and time management experience
- Ideally have a Chemical Engineering / metallurgy qualification
- Have experience of working in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
- Be prepared to provide hands-on operational process coverage where required
- Be prepared to lead high compliance internal and external audits (eg: NADCAP)
- Ideally have a management, engineering or process improvement qualification
The successful candidate will benefit from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.