- Job title:
- Production Operator
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- £8.46 - £9.00 per hour plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
WORKING AT NICHOLSONS
We are currently seeking Production Operators to join its expanding team. This is the ideal role for a Production Operator to build skills with a successful company offering a modern working environment and excellent training and development opportunities.
As the Production Operator, your duties will include:
- Undertaking a wide range of production activities and manufacturing processes to produce high-quality components at a high volume and within tight tolerances
- Following works instructions, engineering drawings and standard operating procedures
- Small component metal cutting, forming, welding, rolling, and finishing processes
- Inspection of parts both visually and by use of measuring equipment
- Accurately completing job cards and routing sheets for all processes
- Ensuring that all products are of a high quality to uphold the company’s reputation for excellence
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To be a successful Production Operator you will have the following skills and experience:
- Familiar with measuring equipment
- Experienced in working in component manufacture
- Good literacy and numeracy standards
- Basic IT skills
- Be willing to work overtime as and when required
Our Production Operators benefit from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
Our Production Operators receive a salary of £8.46 per hour during the probationary period, rising to £9.00 per hour on completion of training.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.