- Job title:
- Production Manager
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- Competitive plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
We are global specialists in the design and manufacture of resilient metal seals, gaskets and ancillary components and are seeking a Production Manager to join our team to support the next phase of developing and delivering the services required to meet ongoing operational demand and complexity at our UK site.
As a long-established, highly successful multi-national business with operations in the UK, US and Europe, the company has seen significant growth and development and has ambitious plans to continue this both nationally and internationally. This role will be integral to the next exciting phase. As a key member of the team tasked with influencing Production excellence at all levels, the expectations of the role are considerable, matched only by the opportunity to develop and grow. Recognising the needs of multiple stakeholders, reflecting these in an agile, sophisticated Production function and supporting an aligned, high performing team will be key outcomes of the Manager’s role.
The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible for effective delivery and development of the production function.
- Expected to develop and drive department strategy aligned to the business strategy.
- Required to deliver projects achieving production and business objectives across the UK site.
To be a successful in this role you will ideally have proven skills and experience in the following:
- SME batch production of precision metal products and subcontract processes.
- Heat Treatment and Electroplating processes.
- Delivery of production cost / quality / delivery / capacity improvements.
- Championing a continuous improvement culture.
- Building, managing and developing internal and external relationships to meet evolving internal business and customer needs.
- Driving the development of standardised processes, training and documentation.
- Data driven with a collaborative, aspirational approach to achieving targets.
- Ensuring robust compliance and data integrity requirements across the department.
- Have a coaching style of leadership with strong mentoring skills to support the development of high performing teams.
- A confident manager with strong, transformational leadership and team working skills.
To be considered for the role you should:
- Have relevant higher education and professional qualifications or equivalent.
- Have the ability and desire to deliver operational and compliance improvements.
- Have worked in fast-moving SME environments, ideally in manufacturing or engineering.
Although we welcome all applications, you must be eligible to work in the UK.