- Job title:
- Production Engineering Technician
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- £11.55 per hour plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
Nicholsons is a global specialist in the design and manufacture of resilient metal seals, gaskets and ancillary components. We are seeking a number of Production Engineering Technicians to join our team to support the next phase of developing and delivering the services required to meet ongoing operational demand and complexity at our UK site. We are a long-established, highly successful multi-national business with operations in the UK, US and Europe.
The company has seen growth and development and has ambitious plans to continue this both nationally and internationally. This role will be integral to the next exciting phase. As a key member of the team tasked with influencing Production Engineering excellence, recognising the needs of multiple stakeholders, reflecting these in an agile, sophisticated Production Engineering function and supporting an aligned, high performing team will be key outcomes of the Technicians role.
To be a successful in this role you will ideally have proven skills and experience in the following:
- Setting and operating CNC lathes, and other basic toolmaking equipment. Knowledge of Plasma welding would be an advantage but not essential
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and establish cost and lead-times for tooling
- The design and manufacture of product tooling including proving out tooling effectiveness
- Effective record keeping during tool development and establishing design rules
- Generating Standard Operating Procedures for the design & manufacture of tooling
- Providing training and mentoring to Production Engineering and Production colleagues
- Diagnosis of faults in productionised tooling and establishing solutions
- The use of measuring equipment e.g., vernier, micrometre, pi-tape
To be considered for the role you should ideally:
- Be time served mechanical engineer or equivalent experience. An HNC qualification or higher is desirable but not essential
- Have a good working knowledge of CAD systems
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Comfortable working to targets, good problem-solving abilities, excellent attention to detail
- Have worked in fast-moving SME environments, ideally in manufacturing or engineering.
Production Engineering Technician positions benefits from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.