- Job title:
- Logistics Operator
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- £8.46 - £9.00 per hour plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
WORKING AT NICHOLSONS
We are currently seeking Logistics Operators to join its expanding team. This is the ideal role for an Logistics Operator to build skills with a successful company offering a modern working environment and excellent training and development opportunities.
As the Logistics Operative, your duties will include:
- Undertaking a wide range of inspection, storage and dispatch duties in relation to high quality components with tight tolerances, including;
- quality inspection of parts both visually and by use of measuring equipment and jigs
- effective storage, picking and packing of product to meet customer delivery requirements
- follow works instructions, engineering drawings and standard operating procedures
- accurate completion of paperwork for all processes
- Ensuring that all products dispatched are of a high quality to uphold the company’s reputation for excellence
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To be a successful Logistics Operative you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of product visual inspection or verification
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Good literacy and numeracy standards
- Basic IT skills
- The ability to work independently and on your own initiative
- Flexibility in relation to working hours and duties
- Experience of product visual inspection
- Experience of working in a logistic or quality environment
- A forklift truck licence and / or electric stacker truck certificate is desirable but not essential
Our Logistics Operators benefit from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
Our Logistics Operators receive a salary of £8.46 per hour during the probationary period, rising to £9.00 per hour on completion of training.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.