- Job title:
- Logistics Operator
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- £9.12 - £9.69 per hour
- Permanent / Full time
Nicholsons Sealing Technologies Ltd are a precision engineering company based in Stanley, County Durham, which designs and manufactures high-temperature metal seals for aerospace, automotive and power generation sectors. We are is seeking a Logistics Operator to join its expanding team.
This is the ideal role for an Operator to build skills with a successful company offering a modern working environment and excellent training and development opportunities.
As the Logistics Operative your duties will include:
- Undertaking a wide range of inspection, storage and dispatch duties in relation to high quality components with tight tolerances, including;
- quality inspection of parts both visually and by use of measuring equipment and jigs
- effective storage, picking and packing of product to meet customer delivery requirements
- follow works instructions, engineering drawings and standard operating procedures
- accurate completion of paperwork for all processes
- Ensuring that all products dispatched are of a high quality to uphold the company’s reputation for excellence.
To be a successful Logistics Operative you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of product visual inspection or verification
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Good literacy and numeracy and IT skills
- Comfortable working to targets, good problem-solving abilities
- A forklift truck licence and / or electric stacker truck certificate is desirable but not essential
Logistics Operators benefit from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
Salary for the role is £9.12 per hour during the probationary period, rising to £9.69 per hour on completion of training.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.