- Job title:
- HR Assistant
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- Competitive plus benefits
- Permanent / Full time
Nicholsons Sealing Technologies Ltd are a global specialist in the design and manufacture of resilient metal seals, gaskets and ancillary components. We are seeking a generalist HR Assistant to join their team to support the next phase of developing and delivering the services required to meet ongoing operational demand and complexity at our UK site. We are a long established, highly successful multi-national business with operations in the UK, US and Europe.
The company has seen growth and development and has ambitious plans to continue this both nationally and internationally. This role will be integral to the next exciting phase. As a key member of the team tasked with influencing Human Resources excellence at all levels, the expectations of the HR Assistant role are considerable, matched only by the opportunity to develop and grow. Recognising the needs of multiple stakeholders, reflecting these in an agile, sophisticated Human Resources service function and supporting an aligned, high performing team will be key outcomes of the HR Assistant role.
This role will see the successful candidate be responsible for supporting aspects of employee relations, recruitment, training, development and review. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Assistant will support the development of Human Resources strategy, and have the opportunity to be involved with projects to drive key Human Resources and business objectives across the UK site. This role will be varied and provides the successful candidate with a fantastic opportunity to develop into a proficient HR generalist.
The key responsibilities of the HR Assistant role will be:
- To lead the planning and delivery of recruitment projects and related administration, providing an excellent candidate experience
- Monitoring and management of absence case load, including attending welfare reviews
- The first point of contact for colleague queries regarding Company policies and HR procedures
- Providing support, including note taking, in disciplinary, grievance and employee relations matters
- Organising and recording of training and development activities
- Developing robust HR administration processes which support the business to achieve key objectives
- Supporting the HR Manager with delivery of projects and business initiatives
- To maintain accurate colleague data and records in line with Company and Data Protection requirements
- Providing coverage and support for the payroll and finance team as required
To be considered for the role you should:
- Have experience of administration within an HR Team in a generalist capacity
- Be a collaborative team player, aligned to stakeholder needs and committed to best practice
- Be able to build and maintain positive, effective relationships with all colleagues
- Be self-motivated with a proactive approach, be meticulous and detail oriented
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.