- Job title:
- Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
- Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YE
- £23,400 per annum plus benefits
- 12-Month Placement / Full time
Nicholsons Sealing Technologies Ltd are a global specialist in the design and manufacture of high-temperature metal seals for aerospace, automotive and power generation sectors.
Working with us will provide you with the chance to develop your skills and experience across a wide range of industry sectors including aerospace, automotive, oil and gas and power generation.
As part of the production team, the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will learn to design and develop the lean and flexible manufacturing processes required to deliver at-rate and right-first-time seals into customer’s critical applications. Working alongside production engineers, team leaders and operators you will use engineering and process improvement tools and techniques to develop operational excellence in the precision welding, forming and finishing processes for seal programs.
Successful candidates will have the unrivalled opportunity to experience and contribute to real and critical industrial challenges within an agile, engineering-led and class-leading organisation.
During the 12-month placement, the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will be tasked with projects targeting the improvement of current production processes. You will be expected to research, analyse and create real added value in the area of production process improvement. Whilst challenging, the opportunity and real possibility that your engineering projects could both contribute significantly to the organisations knowledge base and be incorporated into live manufacturing processes upon completion are unrivalled.
Before completion of the placement, there will be the opportunity to explore future roles and career development. The organisation has a real commitment to ensuring everyone reaches their full potential whilst contributing to the success of the business.
To be a successful Graduate Manufacturing Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Good engineering / technical knowledge
- Be a team player, able to work well with and influence others
- Be able to build and maintain effective relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Have a collaborative approach
- Experience of statistics and process modelling highly desirable
- Have strong literacy, numeracy, and time management skills
- Be a competent PC user
- Be predicted or achieved a degree in an engineering / manufacturing / materials field, or equivalent
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is desirable
The successful candidate will benefit from a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days’ annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays, a working week of 38 hours over 5 days with an early Friday finish, offering excellent work/life balance.
To apply for this role as Graduate Manufacturing Engineer, please click apply online and complete the full application process.
We welcome all applications however; you must be eligible to work in the UK.