Nicholsons Group’s Corporate Responsibility focuses on aspects of sustainability that are important to our customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and other stakeholders. These areas include health and safety, environmental, compliance and ethical relationships and social engagement with our local communities.
1. Code of Conduct
Nicholsons Group is committed to the highest standards of ethics and business conduct throughout our business.
As stated in our Code of Conduct, Nicholsons employees must comply with the law, act with integrity and support our Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety endeavours.
This code of conduct also applies to all our customers, suppliers, representatives and business partners. All entities are responsible for ensuring compliance to this code of conduct with their directors, officers, employees, representatives and suppliers.
2. Health & Safety
Nicholsons Group is committed to playing our full part in caring for health, safety and wellbeing throughout our business. We aim to continually improve our Occupational Health and Safety performance by:
- Promoting widespread awareness of our Occupational Health and Safety policy.
- Training all employees towards best Occupational Health and Safety practice.
- Controlling hazards, related to in-process operations in order to protect our employees, customers, suppliers, visitors and contractors.
- Strictly managing safe operational practice.
- Complying with all applicable legislation and other requirements including Customer requirements, Codes of Practice and Supplier Information.
Nicholsons UK are certified to OHSAS 18001:2007.
Nicholsons sealing products are designed to improve efficiency and minimise emissions from the equipment in which they are installed, thereby directly helping to protect our environment. We acknowledge the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment, therefore the organisation fully commits to:
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and ensure that, wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna.
- Determine compliance obligations and ensure operations are completed in accordance with them.
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners.
- Seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner.
- Continue research and development to support the design and manufacture of improved sealing products in order to increase efficiency and reduce emissions.
We are committed to playing our full part in minimising the risk of damage to the environment that our business may create. Nicholsons UK are certified to ISO14001:2015.
4. General Data Protection Regulations
At Nicholsons we recognise that compliance with data protection law is essential for ensuring personal data remains safe, our business operations are secure and the rights of individuals are respected.
Nicholsons Sealing Technologies Ltd and Nicholsons GmbH is a controller under data protection law. We collect and process information about individuals for business purposes. This includes personal data relating to our employees, customers, suppliers and other third parties.
The rights of individuals and the security of their personal information is of the highest importance to us and we are committed to protecting and respecting personal information.
More information regarding the processing of personal data can be found here.